Sunday, September 18, 2011

In The Words of The Golden Girls' Theme Song: Thank You For Being a Friend

I just sat down to write, looked down at my attire and realized I had to share it with you all right away:

Black and white polka dot flip flops.

Pink and black paisley silk pajama shorts.

A red and white college tee-shirt.

A formal black wrap sweater that I would usually wear to work.

Rather fancy green dangly earrings.

And somehow my high ponytail just morphed into a high side ponytail.

I don't know how this outfit came to be. I would take a picture but...honestly... Somewhere under a fashion week tent in Bryant Park, Tim Gunn just wept.

I don't have anymore to say. Except thank you for being a friend. I realize what a challenge it must be. Especially during fashion disasters like these.

14 comments:

  1. You mean, that your ensemble isn't acceptable? Sounded good to me, especially when someone like you wears it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure it was the muse's inspiration that lead you to your choice. lol

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. *sings*

    "you would see the biggest gift would be from me..."

    rock that side pony!

    ReplyDelete
  4. was there something wrong there - sorry missed it sounded good to me:) hi fellow campaigner finally reached you sorry its taken so long - methinks I joined too many groups!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No picture necessary...being a writer, you painted the picture very well. :) It sounds like the attire spawned by a creative mind!

    ReplyDelete
  6. And I'm behind my computer in ratty converse, jeans that are really, really trying to have a BIG hole in the knee. A cardigan I would normally wear in place of suit jacket over an old t-shirt with an antique type-writer on it. My hair is pointing in every which direction, which I actually don't mind, because I have short hair and am already looking a little crazy.

    It's awesome to be "working" while being such a disaster, is it not??

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's funny how ponytails can do that...just creep over to the side like that! sneaky!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That song is totally in my head now... I'm so glad we are friends, and my pony tail gets crooked too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. It sounds like the PERFECT writing attire to me :)... and I used to love that show.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the writing attire. I'm in my pajamas right now! ;) Granted it's 9:30 at night, but still... I'm getting old. :P

    ReplyDelete
  11. hi miss melissa! me and you could always be friends no matter what you got on. but for sure i could like to see a picture of you in what you got on. ha ha.
    ...smiles and hugs from lenny

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bahahaha....if friends dropped me after fashion disasters, I would be one very lonely woman. *hides pj pants w Wii logo*

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love it! I'm definitely a person who has had a few fashion disasters in the past. Great piece.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You cannot fool me. You are gorgeous. Always.

    ReplyDelete