Sunday, August 19, 2012

Eleven Questions and the Song of You

The lovely Faith Elizabeth Hough tagged me in an Eleven Questions Game and I liked her questions so I went for it.

What's your favorite flavor of ice cream?

It's very difficult for me to pick favorites. Particularly when it comes to ice cream.  I love the fresh taste of Mint Chocolate Chip. I love a basic Chocolate. But, there is something about a pure, perfect vanilla that makes me happiest.

What book do you wish you were a character in?

I have always wanted to know Anne Shirley from Anne of Green Gables and be her bosom buddy. I have wanted to live on Prince Edward Island, hang out in Marilla and Matthew's kitchen, walk with Gilbert and Diana from school.  I want to know that entire community.

White, dark, or milk chocolate?

Dark.

Would you rather be a coal miner or a skyscraper window washer?

Skyscraper window washer.  Even though I'm not a huge fan of heights, it would not be as debilitating for me to climb high as it would be for me to end up in a dark, cramped space for an extended period of time.  I also love sun.

If you were an American in the late 1700's, which side would you have taken in the Revolution?
No taxation without representation, yo.

What writing tool would it be hard for you to live without?
This is going to sound crazy but...my hands. I think I would be able to live without a lot of different tools. But I can not, for the life of me, tell a logical story out loud.  I would never be able to dictate a story to someone and have it make any sense. (I apologize to any of you who have had to listen to me tell a story at a dinner party.)

What song best describes you or the way you see the world?
Bob Dylan's 'I'll Keep It With Mine'.  The lyrics mean everything to me. It doesn't describe me but it is how I wish I could be.  It's how I think the world can be seen.

What's your favorite first sentence from a book?
To be honest, I don't have any memory of exact sentences.  I don't have a favorite sentence at all.

If you could get on a plane for a month long vacation tomorrow, where would you go?
I think Japan. Yes.  Or Australia. Or Thailand. Or Peru. Or...

Do you outline your stories?
What's an outline?  ;)

Would you rather live in a palace by the sea or a cottage in the woods?
What an impossible choice.  Certainly a cottage over a palace.  But I love trees and I love the ocean.  A cottage in a wooded area near the sea?  Yes.

I always feel strange about tagging others (I'm weird) but I am in love with Faith's question: What song best describes you or the way you see the world?  I'd love to hear your answers for that, if you feel so inclined.

8 comments:

  1. Green Gables :) Thinking about a place like that existing always makes me happy.

    Your question made me think about one of my friends, sending me an email years ago that she'd heard I Got a Girl by Tripping Daisy and these lines reminded her of me:

    I got a girl she is so small
    I got a girl she'll knock down any wall

    And I'm sure my hubby would agree with other lines in the song :)

    Get a load of this she's always bitching at me when I'm feeling down,
    Asking questions with her little frown

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't think of a song that describes me, but I would definitely want to hang out in Anne Shirley's world! I wanted so much to be like her when I was young (well, and now).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your answers! I wanted to be Anne Shirley's bosom friend, too.

    But hmmm . . . a song that describes the way I see the world? Okay, I can't think of one, but here is the song I think of when life gets stressful: Knee Deep by the Zach Brown band. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. "What's an outline?"

    Bwa-ha-ha! I knew I liked you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your answers, Melissa, especially "What's an outline?". If I had to pick a song to describe me, I'd pick Jill Scott's Golden. It's not that I'm truly living my life like it's golden, but it's a reminder to me that I should. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now I want to eat dark chocolate and watch Anne of Green Gables. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to eat dark chocolate, read Anne of Green Gables in a cottage in the woods. No song comes to mine; how about Bach's Fugue in G Minor?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I’ll join you on PEI with Matthew and Marilla. But because of our age difference, I’m probably Marilla, and you’re Anne ;)

    As for songs - Imagine by the Beatles. Or possibly Fields of Gold, by Sting.

    ReplyDelete