Monday, February 13, 2012

Toys and Puppies


I'm fuzzy today.  Nose stuffed, ears clogged, throat scratchy.  Most likely the result of every member of my team at work being sick.  

But it promises to be a whirlwind week because of New York City Toy Fair (massive sensory overload.) And it also happens to be what I have dubbed 'the most wonderful time of the year' (and I full-out sing the carol as I prance to Madison Square Garden) i.e. the week The Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show comes to to town. 

I will be attending toy fair for work.  There are dinners, meetings, and hours spent walking the Javits Center floor.  I'll also attend the dog show tomorrow, as I do every year, a most romantic Valentine's date with Sudafed and tissues, trying to figure out how best to smuggle an Alaskan Malamute out the door.  Perhaps it is too emotional of a time for me to attend because I will still be reeling from the news that our landlords refuse to allow us to adopt a dog, which we were seriously considering, until they put the proverbial foot down just this past Saturday.

But we march on.

Every year these events fall within days of eachother.  This year they overlap.  It is an embarrassment of riches. 

Being overwhelmed with toys and puppies is not a bad way to live.   

14 comments:

  1. Wow, that sounds like fun. I think working for a toy company in the week of Toy Fair would be like the ultimate Christmas. You have every kids dream job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's pretty crazy. You've never seen so many toys in your life!

      Delete
  2. I used to work in a toy shop and I always wanted to go to a toy fair! Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) Too bad you didn't get to go to toy fair. It's wild.

      Delete
  3. Can I just say that I think your job is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like a lot of work, but also a lot of fun! Pop another allergy pill for me. : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with the smuggling. Lol hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. BOO for no dog adoption! We're not supposed to have our little guy...we totally smuggle him in. Good luck sneaking a dog out of the show! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry about no dog! :( But wow, the events sound awesome. May your sickness go away so you can enjoy the sensory overload to its fullest!

    P.S. The Hacky Sack should be on its way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you feel better in time for your toy fair! It's hard to be on your game when you're under the weather!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry you are sick. My house has a nasty bug too. I love watching the dog show. Hope you feel well enough to enjoy yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry you are feeling bad. I hope you feel better soon and have fun at the dog show tonight. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so sad you can't adopt a dog right now, but I really hope you can make that dream come true someday in the near future. And I hope you feel better and enjoyed the Dog Show - I loved watching it on TV.

    ReplyDelete