Friday, June 24, 2011

Falling Slowly

Lately, it seems I do not get any blog traffic on Fridays, so I've used the time to rattle on about my strange obsessions, like Linda Eder and Company.

I'll add this song, Falling Slowly, to the list. It is a few years old and I'm sure you've heard it. It won the Academy Award for Best Original Song in 2007. It's from the film, Once and is written by Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's one of the most beautiful songs I've ever heard and I woke up with it in my head, even though I haven't heard it in a while. (It should be noted, there is a version in which Linda Eder sings it, but I won't subject you all to any more Linda Eder. It's getting out of hand. Unless you want me to, in which case...well, call me, we'll chat...)


7 comments:

  1. I agree, beautiful song, and it's been way too long since I listened.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa, the Linda Eder is becoming an uncontrollable thang, isn't it?

    Hmmm, beautiful song, my friend. You have great taste. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw "Once" years ago and immediately fell in love with this song (and the movie!). It is truly exquisite.

    And don't worry, you're not alone -- my blog traffic on Fridays is usually next to nothing, too! Strange how that happens, isn't it? I'm guessing lots of office workers taking three-day weekends and not patronizing our fine corners of the Internet? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love this song and it is - oh so beautiful. Some songs are just like that, you want to capture them forever in your mind. This is a remarkable arrangement. Thank you for sharing it and brightening up my Friday - which was not the best ever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some songs are so tender and so subtle. I do love this song for that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whilst listening to this song, I knew that I had heard this before, but not sure where. I haven't seen 'Once', so I wonder where I have heard this hmmm....Anyway, it's a beautiful song and I'm glad that I have had the chance to listen to it again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. one of my favorite EVER. EVER. EVer. Are we the same person? AND, I took your advice and went to see Midnight in Paris. Loved it.

    ReplyDelete