Thursday, November 10, 2011

Winner of 'If I Stay' by Gayle Forman (and Being Ready To Leap)

First I want to announce the winner of a copy of Gayle Forman's If I Stay:




Please email me with your mailing info!


I've been feeling a little unfocused lately, unable to stay still with one thought. I sit here. I want to blog. But my mind races. It can not settle on a topic.


So I leave you with this picture. It captures how I feel today. Holding on to the edge of things, ready to let go.


And before you take this to mean I'm plunging to my death, before you call for medical professionals and straight jackets, and your nosey neighbor leans in to whisper Well, Melissa's gone off the deep end, I'll just say, that's not it. That's not it at all. I just mean to say, I've been holding on too tightly. I've clung to these walls. And now I'm ready to exhale. Ready to leap.


4 comments:

  1. What a cool picture! I hope everything is okay and life settles down a bit. :) *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so unfocused too. NaNo is doing a number on my head. I'll help you hang on if you will help me :) And...how cool is that art!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've spent an inordinate amount of time staring at the picture--very cool! :)

    ReplyDelete