Friday, November 25, 2011

Sky in Flames


Taken from my fire escape just moments ago. I went camera crazy, nearly dropped the camera from the window. Nearly fell out of it myself. Because you know how fast a sunset drops down from the sky. You know how quickly it all goes dark.

And I knew what I was seeing was my novel.

Not metaphorically. I mean, for real. This is it. This is what the world of my novel (Rabbit Island, the place) actually looks like. Right here.

A sky in flames.

My imagination on fire.

7 comments:

  1. Wonderful photo and so love your analogy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful sky! All the more so if it inspired you. I'm glad you were able to capture it on film.

    Images are powerful. A single photograph can inspire an entire novel (as I know).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super image, super connections. 'Rabbit Island'--I look forward to hearing more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This is an amazing photo, so atmospheric.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a beautiful picture!

    I am your newest follower :)

    Lainy http://www.alwaysreading.net

    ReplyDelete