Sunday, October 16, 2011

Overheard: If You Were In My Position

He couldn't have been more than nine years old, swinging around and around the pole on the F Train. He wore an oversized hoodie. Freckles ran down his face. He stopped spinning. Considered things.

Dad, I need to know how you really feel about this XBox situation.

Dad's eyebrows rose up above the newspaper.

Put yourself in my shoes. If you were my age and in my position, would you like an XBox?

He spoke just like that. I could imagine his 'position'. A very serious one.

5 comments:

  1. lol, that's classic :) I wonder if his parents talk to him like that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny! My kids sometimes say funny things that sound way too old, and then I realize how I talk to them. It sure is cute, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh... love it! I, unfortunately heard a lad of about the same age use the C word today. Hmmm. Not so cute!
    Lx

    ReplyDelete
  4. How adorable! Although I doubt if he would want to be called or thought of as adorable, because he probably considers himself quite grown up and mature.

    ReplyDelete