Monday, July 25, 2011

Nothing to Say

I keep opening blogger and staring blankly at the screen. I have nothing to say, I think. And then I immediately launch into sung dialogue from Sunday In The Park With George, trying to imitate Mandy Patinkin and Bernadette Peters, which is really hard for one person to do because their lines overlap one another as they sing:

George: I've nothing to say

Dot: You have many things

George: Well, nothing that's not been said

Dot: Said by you though, George

George: I do not know where to go

Dot: Nor did I

George: I want to make things that count. Things that will be new

Dot: I did what I had to do

George: What am I to do?

This happened about three times before I realized I better just give you this song.

That's all I've got, friends. What do you have to say?

6 comments:

  1. I get that all of the time! Although I have to say, you find all sorts of interesting things to talk about on your blog, which I would have never thought of!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is when I start prodding my daughter Gina for book reviews or my brother-in-law Larry for a witty guest post.

    Did it today, in fact. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will read your blog whether you have anything to say or not!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree totally with KarenG .... and you did have something to say after all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome. Even without words, you gave us all moments of reflection. (And Mandy Pitankin with Bernadette Peters)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey this is somewhat of off topic but I was wanting to
    know if blogs use WYSIWYG editors or if you have to manually code with HTML.
    I'm starting a blog soon but have no coding experience so I wanted to get guidance from someone with experience. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Take a look at my blog post ... online shopping

    ReplyDelete