Friday, October 30, 2009

NaNoWriMo

Before I head off to Boston for the weekend (to end the most wonderful month of October) I wanted to send my best wishes to all of you participating in NaNoWriMo!

I had a goal of finishing my first draft by Oct. 1st and setting it aside in order to have some fun writing out an idea that's been marinating for a while during NaNoWriMo. Unfortunately, I still haven't finished that dreaded draft and I booked a trip to Provence for 8 days instead! :-)

I must say stuffing my face with wine, baguettes, and cheese sounds like a better way to spend the month but, er, uh, I mean...it's awesome to write a novel in 30 days! Woohoo!

I hope that any of you who actually read this blog (Who are you anyway? Does anybody read this?) will let me know all about your experience writing this month. I love the idea of a writing frenzy and WOW WOW WOW to writing frenzies that last entire month.

God speed!

2 comments:

  1. I read your blog, Melissa!

    And I agree that 8 days in Provence is a way better way to spend the month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Trish reads my blog! Thanks!

    Yes, I think travel trumps prison writing cell.

    ReplyDelete