Friday, February 14, 2014

Heart

February Photo A Day


My heart is full this Valentine's Day. In the past few weeks, since Little O's birth, family and friends have reached out to our little family with such kindness and love. There have been gifts, notes, texts with colorful emoticons, phone calls, and visits.

For me, to know I am loved is always a most surprising gift. And the greatest.

I can't believe that someone I did not know five weeks ago could make my heart swell this much. It reminds me what is possible. That one day you could be alone and the next day, someone can come into your life and change it and then change you. It happens. I've been one person and walked into lecture halls, stepped on to trains, climbed up to the roof, stood at the walls of gatherings where I didn't belong and stumbled upon the words and conversations and people in my life that I did not know the moment before, and they become part of me and then I am someone else.

I read this the other day, because I read all the books in the house out loud, children's books that have filled our home, and hope the sweet boy who doesn't yet understand, but perhaps is listening, can hear the words. It wowed me. It made me teary. Made me close my eyes and nod and 'yes' it.

In the green of the grass...in the smell of the sea...in the clouds floating by...at the top of a tree...in the sound crickets make at the end of the day...

"You are loved. You are loved. You are loved," they all say.

--From Wherever You Are: My Love Will Find You by Nancy Tillman

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful photo and beautiful words! Isn't it hard to believe that you ever didn't know and love Little O? It always seems as if some part of my heart knew my children even before their existence, and they slip right into that knowing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a heartfelt post. I found that when I had a children, it made me realize my heart ability to love was limitless. It's overwhelming yet wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely quote. I just looked up that book and the illustrations are beautiful as well. Happy (belated) Valentine's Day to you and your sweet little family :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful post, I hope things are going well with the baby.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful. Must read this book :)

    ReplyDelete