Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Hey hey with the Monkees, sorry I've been monkeyin' around...

I apologize that I have not been blogging this week. My days at the office have been stressful and, when that happens, I often spend my evenings at the gym, cooking, watching television, or reading. Unfortunately, a stressful day means that my mind is not open to my novel and its simply not prepared to blog.

But I do have a few updates:

1. I will complete the line edits of my novel by next Monday April 19th. This means that I will have been at this for 1.5 years. At that point, it will be set free and I will enter the query wars. At that point, I will be free to move on with my life.

2. I did not speak to the agent on the bus. There were some logistics to work out. Such as: admitting I had been eavesdropping on her conversation, craning my neck and projecting my voice to speak out over the aisle between us, and then, ya know, ripping the headphones out of her ears. I figure these actions would have been wildly appropriate. And I am a professional person. A professional writer.

3. Good things have been happening in terms of getting my work out there. Positive things. Positive feedback from important people. Contests with unexpected outcomes that have worked in my favor. I'm not trying to be mysterious but, well, there's not much more to tell.

4. Speaking of positive things, I've complained about some stress in the early part of this week at the office. But this stress involved an overwhelmingly, helpful training course that I want to tell you about when I have the brain power.

I may not be able to post as much as I would like due to these outside factors, but I'll be back next week, raring to go. :-)

2 comments:

  1. I wish you the very best as you prepare to query! The culmination of 1.5 years of work. How very exciting it will be. I think it is a good sign that you ran into that agent right before you query. It seems like a sign to me ;) I do believe it's time for you to meet your very own agent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1.5 years! That's what I need to hear. I can knock out a draft quite fast, but my revisions take forever. I also wish you the best of luck with the query, but I smiled when you said, "I'll be free to move on with my life." I hope you won't in the very best of ways. I hope an agent will be signing you and sending you revision notes and then an editor will buy your book and do the same! In other words, I hope your hard work on this book will progress right on the next level and result in a whole new kind of absorbing adventure.

    ReplyDelete