Thursday, October 28, 2010

You Are What You Read

I've been so excited about the launch of You Are What You Read. Tyler's group at Scholastic is the mastermind behind it and it's very cool.

The concept is that you pick 5 books you've read that have shaped you as an individual. That's your bookprint. Many celebrities have contributed and it's fun to discover their bookprints, as well as those of your friends. Turns out Katie Couric and I have similar bookprints. I can deal with that.

So head on over and create your bookprint! And add me as a bookmate! You know my name: Melissa Sarno.

Word.

8 comments:

  1. What a great idea, Melissa. But it's so hard to choose just five. Hmm....

    I'm hosting a Halloween Haunting at my blog "Substitute Teacher's Saga" from today, 10/28-11/1 if you want to join. There are prizes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool, Melissa...I'm on my way to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I've popped over from Halloween Haunting and I think your blog is great. I don't often read blogs about writers and how they are doing with their writing but you make it interesting.

    I look forward to reading more in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Melissa, I have dropped by from Theresa's Halloween Haunting too. Delighted to make your acquaintance! Looking forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's sounds like fun... I'll have to check it out.

    I'm stopping by from Theresa's blog. I saw you were looking for critique partners. I do write some adult women's fiction if you'd like to swap sometime?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Melissa! I am also here from Theresa's blog haunting party. This is an interesting idea - but only five books? *goes into book meltdown at the thought of just five!*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Melissa,

    Visiting from Theresa's awesome Halloween haunting. I'd much rather trick or treat for blogs than for candy! I like the look of it here, I'm following now :)

    KarenG

    Oh and here's my 5 books: Great Expectations by Dickens, To Kill a Mockingbird, Tom Sawyer, Jane Eyre and Wuthering Heights. (Yes, I love the classics.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Some of the books that has inspired me are
    Tom Sawyer
    Oliver Twist
    Tale of two cities
    Black Beauty
    Silas Marner

    ReplyDelete